Thursday, October 14, 2010

Introduction


Hi, this is the security wizard.  My name is Howard and I have been in the electronic security industry for over thirty years.  I have engineered, design and installed systems at large commercial clients, including NASA, Southern Command, Federal Courthouses, the largest of the Utility companies in Florida, Police Departments, Cities and towns.  I have worked with leaders of major companies to secure their homes as well as the homes of my neighbors.
With this experience I have learned much about the security industry including how our industry does business.  It is my experience that most buyers of security systems do not have the experience and knowledge to always make the right decisions.  The “consultants” or “sales representatives” that meet with the buyers, in many cases, are not well educated in our industry and in most cases in home alarm sales, are just there to get a contract signed and a commission earned.

What I am going to attempt to provide with the Security Wizard Blog is straight forward information that you can use when making important decisions regarding your security of property and yourself and family.  I will try to cover the basics of security systems, the companies that provide them, video systems including analog and IP based technology, basic fire alarm, duress, holdup and other electronic means of security.  I will cover residential and commercial security as separate subjects as the two are not really the same from equipment, design, installation and service standpoints.

I hope this information that will be following over the next three months is helpful to you, and of course I will try my best to answer any individual questions that anyone wants to ask.

My first, and maybe most important comment, is please read any contract that you are going to sign very carefully, and in almost any case, sleep on the purchase before making a decision.

4 comments:

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Wiz,

Your last remark in this post are words of wisdom!

I enjoyed this post and I'm looking forward to more posts!

Hawk

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Goodness! You haven't even had your shout out yet and look at your dots!

Cool!
Hawk

The Wiz said...

Thanks for the input, hopefully I will have time this week to provide another post, but for sure next week I am going to get going.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Wiz!

I'm looking forward to next week's post!

Hawk